The mission of the school is to teach students about modern problems and methods in Information Retrieval and Database Technology; to stimulate scientific research and collaboration in these fields; and to create environment for informal contacts between scientists, students and industry professionals.
The target audience of the school is advanced graduate and PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, academic and industrial researchers, and developers. RuSSIR/EDBT 2011 School will offer up to seven courses (in parallel sessions) and host approximately 150 participants. The working language of the school is English.
The previous RuSSIRs took place in Ekaterinburg, Taganrog, Petrozavodsk, and Voronezh.
The EDBT Summer Schools are a well established and successful international series organized every two to three years and has been very popular among young researchers in the database area.
Application extended deadline: 1 June 2011
Notification of acceptance: 16 June 2011
Registration and final paper (if any): 10 July 2011
School: 15-19 August 2011
- Gerhard Weikum. Knowledge Harvesting from Web Sources plenary session
- Sihem Amer-Yahia and Julia Stoyanovich. Top-K Processing for Search and Information Discovery in Social Applications
- Stefan Rueger. Multimedia queries and indexing
- Salvatore Orlando, Raffaele Perego, and Fabrizio Silvestri. Mining query logs to improve web search engines' operations
- Mike Thelwall. Sentiment Strength Detection in the Social Web
- Vladimir Gorovoy and Yana Volkovich. An Introduction to Social Mining
- Katja Filippova. Monolingual Text-to-Text Generation short course
- Chirag Shah. Collaborative IR short course
Please send all inquiries to
The school poster
Call for sponsorship (112 Κα)