Monday September 16 - Friday September 20, 2013
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The RuSSIR school series started in 2007 and has developed into a renowned academic event with solid international participation. Previous schools took place in Yekaterinburg, Taganrog, Petrozavodsk, Voronezh, Saint Petersburg, and Yaroslavl. RuSSIR courses are taught by prominent researchers and practitioners.
RuSSIR 2013 will be held on September 16-20, 2013 in Kazan, Russia. The school is co-organized by the Kazan Federal University and the Russian Information Retrieval Evaluation Seminar (ROMIP). Yandex and Google are confirmed sponsors of the event.
The school will feature seven courses, including three courses on music information retrieval (MIR):
- Gareth Jones (Dublin City University) - Spoken Content Retrieval: Challenges, Techniques and Applications
- Massimo Melucci (University of Padua) - Introduction to Information Retrieval Models
- Paolo Boldi (University of Milan) - Large Scale Information Retrieval
- Manuel Montes-y-Gomez and Hugo Jair Escalante (INAOE, Mexico) - Novel Representations and Methods in Text Classification
- Markus Schedl & Peter Knees (University of Linz) - Content- and Context-based Music Similarity and Retrieval
- Andreas Nurnberger & Sebastian Stober (OVG University Magdeburg) - Adaptivity in Audio and Music Retrieval
- Jyh-Shing Roger Jang (Taiwan University) - QBSH and AFP as Two Successful Paradigms of Music Information Retrieval
The Conference for Young Scientists in Information Retrieval will be co-organized with the school.
Selected full paper submissions will be published in a special issue of a peer-reviewed journal.
PARTICIPATION IN THE SCHOOL
The target audience of the school is advanced graduate and PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, academic and industrial researchers, and developers. The school will be open to about 130 qualified, motivated and pre-selected candidates. The working language of the school is English.
Participation is free of charge, a limited number of accommodation grants will be provided.
To apply for participation, fill the form.
Kazan is a beautiful city, where the geographical and cultural aspects of both Europe and Asia come together. Kazan, about 800 km east of Moscow, lies on the confluence of the Volga and the Kazanka rivers. The population of Kazan is about 1.1 million people. In 2005, the city celebrated its millennium. The Kazan Kremlin is the central historic citadel of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its most significant buildings are the Annunciation Cathedral and the Qolsharif Mosque. Kazan will host the Summer Universiade in July 2013.
Application deadline: June 25, 2013 (
Full paper submission deadline (optional): June 14, 2013 (
Notification of acceptance: July 2, 2013
RuSSIR IN SOCIAL NETWORKS