Russian visa is a document permitting stay in Russia for a specific period of time. Your Russian visa is an exit permit just like it’s an entry permit: if you lose it or stay over your designated departure date, leaving the country could be more troublesome than entering it.
For registration of the Russian visa the foreign citizen will need the following complete set of documents:
- The invitation (the basis on delivery of the Russian visa).
- The passport for travel abroad, valid not less than 6 months on departure the Russian Federation.
- The consular questionnaire (two copies, filled and signed).
- Photo — 3x4 cm (some Russian Consulates give out visas of the old sample, in the form of the loose leaf in the passport, in this case it is required to give 3 matte photos).
The procedure of visa application varies from country to country and could take more than 2 weeks. Please check it with your Russian Embassy or Consulate. We recommend to start it as soon as you know about your participation in RuSSIR.
All requirements for foreign citizens to enter Russia are:
- Passport must be valid 6 months beyond intended stay
- Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel
- Russian Visa is Required
- Vaccination – None Required
Approximate fees for a single-entry tourist visa up to 30 days is 30 USD.
More information about the Russian visa and an invitation you can get at http://www.russian-visas.net.